The Advantages of PPG Waterborne Systems
Long before collision centers in North America had begun to hear about waterborne, PPG was already immersed in it. PPG first introduced waterborne technology for OEM assembly plants back in 1986, and our waterborne base-coat refinish systems have been used in Europe since the early 1990s. Today, in North America, PPG waterborne base-coat systems offer the number one best-selling technology of its kind.
PPG is continuously improving and remastering the technology and chemistry to meet the performance demands of high-production collision centers and to match today’s colors and finishes precisely. Recently, PPG created a single-stage waterborne system for use on vehicle interiors and engine bay repairs. This is another example of the type of continuous expansion and improvement in waterborne coatings you can expect from PPG.
Southern KY Collision is always looking for cutting-edge ways to improve our customers’ experience. We have found that the PPG waterborne system is the highest-quality refinish product on the market.
Features & Benefits
- OEM approved paint system for all global manufacturers
- Meets or exceeds all current North American VOC regulations
- Superb metallic control virtually eliminates mottling
- Spectral grey surfacers and sealers provide the foundation to achieve coverage in 2-3 coats
- Anti-settle toners eliminates the need for complicated mixing banks
- Specifically engineered primers, sealers and clear-coats for use with waterborne base-coat improve adhesion and durability of the entire paint system
- Industry-leading color system provides near perfect color match between the repair and chips in the Envirobase High Performance system chromatic variant deck
- Anti-settle technology assures toner stability and long shelf life
- High solids waterborne toners are designed to color match opaque and transparent OEM finishes